Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass! 1986 custom Jaydee Roadie IIA!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike McGibney, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New to me, Jaydee Roadie IIA. Nice player, fairly versatile. 18v system, quite powerful! Looks the bees knees, to my eyes. Not sure if it can compete with my 75 Jazz as main bass but it's a very worthy no2!

If anyone doesnt know the company, they are www.jaydeeguitars.com. Mark Kind of Level 42 used to use custom supernaturals.

Would love to see anyone elses Jaydees!

Regards

Mike

2. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Saw Level 42 live back in their hey-day (1987) and Mr. King was playing his Jaydee through his then State-Of-The-Art Trace Elliot system... :bassist:

It was an especially satisfying experience, since I was able to watch from right at the edge of the stage, just about 10 feet away from the "thumb-meister" his-self! I could see every nuance of his technique and was simply awestruck. :eek:

That was one of those A) uplifting, inspiring moments that at the same time B) depresses and upsets you.

A) You realize how good the person you're watching is... :D

B) You realize how far you've got to go to be that good... IF EVER! :crying:

3. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Sweet bass man

4. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Awesome bass. I really like the string retainers. What're all the knobs for?

5. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Thanks guys. Rotary knob is OFF-Bridge pup - Both pups - Neck pup, switch is active passive, two silver knobs are master volume and tone, black knobs are three band EQ.