Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass- $400 suggestions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Dec 20, 2004.

1. I was Lookin at the Ibanez RKB900. No it's not a soundgear and it has Seymour duncan pickups and a bad ass 2 bridge its at musiciansfriend for 399, but i was lookin for suggestions, thanks

2. I think that is a superb bass at that price level. I think they list close to $1000

3. Go to the MF site; they just dropped the sunburst ones (vintage fade) to $379. They're probably going to go fast at that price.

My recommendation would be a Yamaha BB404. Nice sounding bass, and they go for $296 at MF. I played one about two months ago.

Mike ;)

4. Also, the BB604s are $446.99 for either Natural or wine finish, but only $249.99 for black! :eek:

That's $197 less for basic black.

Mike

5. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    If you want something more standard and timeless, go with a Fender MIM Precision or MIM Jazz. Otherwise I'd say Yamaha's and Ibanez' are great for the money. Fo just a little more you can get a baseline model G&L Tribute-- world class instruments at a low price.

6. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    What style of music do you play?

If you want a bass with the most tonal variations known to man, then you would want to get a G&L L2000 tribute.

The massive humbuckers and series/parallel & active/passive options will blow you away with their versatility.