1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass- $400 suggestions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Dec 20, 2004.

1. I was Lookin at the Ibanez RKB900. No it's not a soundgear and it has Seymour duncan pickups and a bad ass 2 bridge its at musiciansfriend for 399, but i was lookin for suggestions, thanks

2. I think that is a superb bass at that price level. I think they list close to $1000

3. Go to the MF site; they just dropped the sunburst ones (vintage fade) to $379. They're probably going to go fast at that price.

My recommendation would be a Yamaha BB404. Nice sounding bass, and they go for $296 at MF. I played one about two months ago.

Mike ;)

4. Also, the BB604s are $446.99 for either Natural or wine finish, but only $249.99 for black! :eek:

That's $197 less for basic black.

Mike

5. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    If you want something more standard and timeless, go with a Fender MIM Precision or MIM Jazz. Otherwise I'd say Yamaha's and Ibanez' are great for the money. Fo just a little more you can get a baseline model G&L Tribute-- world class instruments at a low price.

6. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    What style of music do you play?

If you want a bass with the most tonal variations known to man, then you would want to get a G&L L2000 tribute.

The massive humbuckers and series/parallel & active/passive options will blow you away with their versatility.