New bass - 64 Jazzbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hoel, Jan 26, 2004.

1. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway

I am now the proud owner of a 1964 Fender Jazzbass, and I've never been happier. Look -> :D

I've tried some of these old beauties, and I knew when I bought one that it would have great playability, but what impressed me and surprised me was the sound. I do know aged wood sounds better, but it was like a total different bass compared to my '62 reissue. When I plugged it into my Eden WT-800 I was like "WOW! GEEEZ!" It sounds so FAT, powerful and defined.

I bought the bass at eBay for $2400, refinished, with new pots and without the ashtray. I think it was a very good deal, 'cause here in Norway it's worth the double.

I took a big chance when I bought it untried and unheard, but I really don't regret it now. :)

WOOOOHOOOOO! :bassist:

Greetings from Norway,

2. Congrats!! Looks like one supercool bass!!!!:bassist: :cool:
  3. More mojo than mo knows!

4. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    congratulations, very cool bass, looks like you made a great deal, what about some sound clips????
  5. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    hehe, maybe I should try to make a sound clip.... I'll think about it :)

greetings from Norway,

6. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Nice, lookin' good. Congrats.
  7. bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Did you get that on EBay UK just before Christmas? I think that's the same bass I was checking out myself - it looks great. I spoke to the seller a few times - rather interesting chap, if it's the same person I'm thinking of. ;):D A little "simple minded", if you know what I mean!! :D
  8. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Obviously a re-fin, but still ultra cool. congrats.
  9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If that was a P, i'd come over and steal that from you. :D

Or, i'd come over there and steal it and than trade it for a P of the same vintage. :p ;)

Congradulations. :)
  10. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    heh, thanks guys :)

Yes Osama_Spears, $2400!! And I had to pay some shipping to Norway.. (ca $250).

It was a big chance to take, transferring that much money into a guys bank account, hoping to get a bass, but I did, and I'm so happy.

Does anyone of you got old Jazz basses or have tried some?

Greetings from Norway,

11. Yes, I have a 66, a 67 and a 69 Jazz bass and I lovem"

12. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Wow, let's see some pictures?

13. hoel, I do not have a digital camera, but I'm working on it.

Here's one.

14. Nice bass Smash!

No I don't have any problems with the bridge cover, I slap and use other styles when playing mine, thats why I went ahead and left that cover on.

Someone mentioned my hand position in the Rickenbacker photo I posted, I play in front of the pup on my 4000 and I have learned to work around the cover on that horse shoe pup too.

I often have bass players ask me the same thing when they see me play live, I guess I'm just different.

15. that's purdy...

The matching head-stock just tops off the whole deal.