Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass - 64 Jazzbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hoel, Jan 26, 2004.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Hello,

I am now the proud owner of a 1964 Fender Jazzbass, and I've never been happier. Look -> :D

I've tried some of these old beauties, and I knew when I bought one that it would have great playability, but what impressed me and surprised me was the sound. I do know aged wood sounds better, but it was like a total different bass compared to my '62 reissue. When I plugged it into my Eden WT-800 I was like "WOW! GEEEZ!" It sounds so FAT, powerful and defined.

I bought the bass at eBay for $2400, refinished, with new pots and without the ashtray. I think it was a very good deal, 'cause here in Norway it's worth the double.

I took a big chance when I bought it untried and unheard, but I really don't regret it now. :)

WOOOOHOOOOO! :bassist:

Greetings from Norway,

-hoel

2. Congrats!! Looks like one supercool bass!!!!:bassist: :cool:

3. More mojo than mo knows!

Congrats!!

4. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    congratulations, very cool bass, looks like you made a great deal, what about some sound clips????

5. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    hehe, maybe I should try to make a sound clip.... I'll think about it :)

greetings from Norway,

-Hoel

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Nice, lookin' good. Congrats.

7. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Did you get that on EBay UK just before Christmas? I think that's the same bass I was checking out myself - it looks great. I spoke to the seller a few times - rather interesting chap, if it's the same person I'm thinking of. ;):D A little "simple minded", if you know what I mean!! :D

8. Sound clips!

9. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Obviously a re-fin, but still ultra cool. congrats.

10. $2400?!!?!:eek:

11. hoel, nice score!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

12. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If that was a P, i'd come over and steal that from you. :D

Or, i'd come over there and steal it and than trade it for a P of the same vintage. :p ;)

Congradulations. :)

13. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    heh, thanks guys :)

Yes Osama_Spears, $2400!! And I had to pay some shipping to Norway.. (ca $250).

It was a big chance to take, transferring that much money into a guys bank account, hoping to get a bass, but I did, and I'm so happy.

Does anyone of you got old Jazz basses or have tried some?

Greetings from Norway,

-Hoel

14. Yes, I have a 66, a 67 and a 69 Jazz bass and I lovem"

[​IMG]
    Treena

15. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Wow, let's see some pictures?

-hoel

16. hoel, I do not have a digital camera, but I'm working on it.

Here's one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

17. Nice bass Smash!

No I don't have any problems with the bridge cover, I slap and use other styles when playing mine, thats why I went ahead and left that cover on.

Someone mentioned my hand position in the Rickenbacker photo I posted, I play in front of the pup on my 4000 and I have learned to work around the cover on that horse shoe pup too.

I often have bass players ask me the same thing when they see me play live, I guess I'm just different.

[​IMG]
    Treena

18. that's purdy...

The matching head-stock just tops off the whole deal.

Enjoy.