Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass? A little feedback please...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoshK, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Hey all you amazing bassists.

I've been starting to think about getting a second bass. Right now I have an Ibanez EDB 405 (the old version), and I play rock and jazz.

I have been looking at a few of Ibanez's newer models and some look very interesting to me since I love the feel of my bass.

The first bass that looks very interesting to me is the Gary Willis 5-String GWB10005. To me it has a very clean and simple look. The fretless neck with helpful fret markings also is very intriguing for me since I am somewhat new (owned my bass for 3 years, started getting serious during the summer) to the bass in general, and the fretless is completly alien to me, but it seems like a logical bass for me to get.

Would it be worth it for me to get a bass such as this one? Do any of you have any feedback on this specific model? Other suggestions? I'm pretty positive I want my next bass to be fretless but those fret marks would be very helpful for me.

Another thing before you suggest other basses...I don't like the feelings or tone of Fenders and Fender wanna-bes, and this bass is about as expensive as I can I can afford.

Thanks a bunch for your time and expertise.

-Josh :bassist:

2. i have heard good things about the GWB10005...i'd like one :)

3. Thanks...you live in an amazing state btw. :)