New Bass Advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Apr 29, 2005.

1. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I have been playing for several years. I currently am playing mostly contempory christian music. My current bass is a MIM J Bass with customshop 60's pups. I play thru a Fender bassman 200. I also play DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams strings. I have been thinking about buying another bass. However I am very pleased with my Fender. Perhaps I am just wanting something different. I probably still want to stay with 4 strings. I have been thinking about something with active PUPS or even a Music Man Copy. I dont want to put a lot in one right now. Perhaps under $500 if possible. I do want something at least better or as good as my Fender. Any suggestions.

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    It sounds like you really like your Jazz bass, IMO it's not going to be easy to find anything much better in the $500 range. Yes, you could get something different, but that is not always better. You might save-up a bit longer and consider an amplifier/cabinet upgrade, and you could alway get an active pre in you Jazz..
  3. Maybe an Ibanez will suit your needs
  4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

You could geta warmth body and a warmoth neck and you can transplant the parts of the MIM to the new body. or just buy the neck.
  5. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    There was post by Quadzilla in another thread about Musician's Friend having a Nathan East Yamaha BB blowout. 4 strings are $199 and 5'ers are $229.

I play a Yamha RBX765A and it's been a great bass fo me over the years