Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass...again

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve-o, Oct 19, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well i got to put a fortress one on lawaway..is $599 a good price?
    the only thing, its active and has the one pup (like two jazz pups...)
    i love the bass alot..and they just walked out of the back with it and i grabbed it as soon as it hit the stand to play it......damn great bass....wenge neck and fretboard...umm i love it

anyone else have one?
    id really like to find a flashback

steve

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i remember playing a few of em but never owned one - not bad for that kind of cash
    i think the other warwicks are overpriced - IMHO
    hell i'd buy it if i liked it

3. Fortress
    Out of production
    Limited to dealer stock-on-hand

Introduced in 1993, the Fortress bass has been one of Warwick's most successful basses from the start. The upper horn design gives this easy-handling bass great balance, while the graceful contours are comfortable against the body. The maple body, ovangkol/wenge neck and fingerboard give it the rich harmonics and projection for which all Warwick basses are known.

Seasoned players will appreciate the wide sound spectrum offered by the tried and tested Precision/Jazz bass pickup combination. A rich basic sound provides a solid foundation for deep, pounding, yet cleanly contoured, hard rock sounds as well as for sparkling highs with a natural, player-dependent, dynamic response. The bandwidth accommodates both penetrating fundamentals and vibrant ballad sounds with a high-middle attack.

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    mine has the humbucker at the bridge.....

steve

5. What's the model you have?

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it says fortress 1...but it has the humbucker which makes it another bass right?

steve

7. bassotus

bassotus

Nov 24, 2002
    Finland
    I had a similar bass for a while; a '94 Warwick with "Fortress One" on the headstock but with Fortress Masterman electronics (twin jazz pickup and double set of active bass/treble controls). Go figure. Sold it for 700€ ..

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    yup...weird

steve