Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass amp...help!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J_PARMER, Nov 26, 2002.

1. J_PARMER

J_PARMER

May 17, 2000
    i'm hoping to buy a new amp sometime soon, i play a 5 string cort curbow, and might soon be looking into an ibanez. anyways i play more of a nu metal type music, system of a down, mudvayne, tool, etc, etc. what would the best amp be for this type of music. i've read the recent post of the peavey being loud but not much for tone. is there a happy medium anywhere, loud and good tone??? my guitar player is looking into a peavey but i'm not so sure its what i should look for. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think that you should give us a better idea of how much money you plan to spend so that we can better assist you.

I would suggest that you look into Eden Nemesis amps. I have the 2-10" speaker combo and love it. I know they work great with your bass since the first time I ever played through a Nemesis I was using the same bass.

You can find info about Nemesis bass combos here:
    http://www.edenelectronics.com/ncombos.html

The Nemesis combo amps contain 225 Watt power amps, and are available in a few different speker configurations. I would recommend the NC210-P, NC212-P, or NC410-P, so that you can get enough volume and put the full power of the amp to good use.

My amp gives me enough power to be heard when I play with my band and I play with 2 guitarist each pushing 100 Watt half stacks. You should do fine with one of these.

I got mine from Bass Central in Orlando, Florida.

www.Basscentral.com

You can also Personal Message one of their employees, Gard, who is a regular and moderator on this message board. You can ask around, and will only hear good things about these guys.

Peace
    Nick

3. J_PARMER

J_PARMER

May 17, 2000
    well right now i'm hoping to get a nice check coming in so the money isnt too much of an option right now, i wanna get the best i can get now instead of buying something just to get me by. so maybe a half stack, head and cabinet.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    In that case, you have alot more options available.

First of all, let me say that it all comes down to taste.

I recommend a set up consisting of an Eden WT-500 and two 210XST cabinets.

Plenty of power, plenty of punch, plenty of low end, and just enough mobility and options for smaller gigs.

Peace
    Nick

5. J_PARMER

J_PARMER

May 17, 2000
    thanks i appreciate it. by the way do they have a website?