Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thom whit, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Thom whit

Thom whit

Dec 8, 2004
    wales
    sorry, i know its my first post and you guys will probably think what an arse, so i apologise.

anyway, i live in the uk, and need a new bass amp, preferably over 100 watts for small gigs, been playing about 8 months.
    i have about 300 quid to spend maximum, so what do you reccomend. Im currently using a page B60 which gives a nasty tone as its knackered.

2. ...what does 'knackered' mean? Oh, & being an ignorant American, I can only recommend the loudest rig you can afford- too much is better than not enough, or barely enough(the same thing, really).

3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    [​IMG]
    I just bought a Roland Basscube 100 and it kicks some serious ass. I needed a practice/small gig amp and this amp is very hard to beat for sound and volume. My usually rig is a 4x10 cab and a 1x15 cab pushed by 1200 watts so imagine my surprize to plug this amp in an hear such a huge sound coming from such a small amp. definitely check one out. It cost me about $475 US so I'm not sure how much it would be in pounds.

4. Thom whit

Thom whit

Dec 8, 2004
    wales
    i mean, the second input doesnt work, the first input is neraly gone, so im going to ebay it. hehe.
    whats the roland like, two mates have behringer 120 wats, but im not keen on them to be honest.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    The Roland is very loud with 100 watts and a 12 inch speaker. It weighs about 37 pounds, It has amp modeling so it can sound like an ampeg, an swr etc. It also has built in delay, reverb, chorus and flanger if you are into that sort of thing. I really, really like mine.