1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass arrival Reverend Mercalli 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lesfunk, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Arrival Tomorrow Should be sweet! :bassist:
    The Mercalli 5 was named after the Mercalli seismic scale used to measure the power of earthquakes.
    Clever name I think!
    [​IMG]

2. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Badass !

3. Lesfunk

There's something to be said for a small company with a big heart. Reverend is that kind of company. Not to mention that Joe Naylor is a forward thinker who's designs pay tribute to the classics of the past while being practical and modern in their application for today's player

4. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Just got mine a couple weeks back...awesome bass.

5. Lesfunk

I hear that they have new colors coming out soon but I love the Violin Brown on the Flame top

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That thing is HOT! Please come back with first impressions after you play it.

7. Lesfunk

Ill give a full review when I get a chance. If it's like my Thunder Gun it should be quite decent.
    Reverend has always put out good stuff and their current offerings are no different. Professional quality but reasonable prices.
    Eventually I hope to get a Justice (Reverends J bass) but one at a time for now.

8. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Nice! Congrats!

9. rkingly

rkingly "Playing Reverend Basses on a Regular Basis"

Sep 8, 2007
    Virginia
    Endorsing Artist: Reverend Guitars
    Congratulations!
    I Love my Mercalli and everything else that Reverend comes up with.
    Great Company! Enjoy your new Bass.

Attached Files:

10. Lesfunk

Ok here's my take...
    Out of the box he set up was set up perfect with no fret buzzes and med/ med low (very playable) action.
    Fit and finish on this bass is essentially flawless. No complaints there.
    The B string is as good as the best B string if ever played on a 34 in scale 5 string with a nice tight feel and good attack. Also the string to string consistency is excellent.
    For example, playing in the key of F# in position starting on the B string, I can't hear where the B string stops and the E string begins. The strings are remarkably balanced in tone, volume and feel. Nice!
    High quality hardware, nice woods, A++ attention to detail and useable tone make this bass a winner!
    Special thanks to Ken Haas at Reverend guitars too. He's a real class act.

11. I picked up this exact model last Thursday and could not agree with you more. GREAT bass, can't wait to get it on stage or in a band mix.

12. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

This is one 5-string I have a real interest in.
    Nice Bass.

13. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

Sep 30, 2012
    west Texas
    Reverends just have that cool "Cadillac swag". Out of all the manufacturers out there these really catch my eye. Sweet. Enjoy

14. Lesfunk

The only drawback is the Jack on the bottom edge. I HATE those. I sweat a lot and guess where it always goes? I replace jacks twice a year. I have stock in DeOxit
    What the Reverends need is a Strat style jack on the front. That would be sweet

15. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Price?

16. Lesfunk

They go for about $1000