1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass Arriving =)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SSCBA, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Well, last year I spent a lot of time looking for a new bass.

I wanted something with: 4 strings, 2 pickups, 24 frets, active eq, etc. at around U$1400-

As I live in Argtentina, I contacted my mother's husband that lived in USA, so he'd buy the bass and bring it to me. The bas he'd buy was a Sterling 4 or a Kinston heir and some hardware to upgrade it.

After many frustrated attemps of buying the bass (once it was damaged by shipping, then it dind't work, etc), and given that the person who was going to bring me the bass had to travel, I decided to ask him only for the hardware and have the bass made by a local luthier.

Here, custom instruments are not expensive at all. The entire bass, without the hardware was less than U$1000.

I told him to make something like an hybrid between a muscman and a MTD, in black blue burst and with black pickguard.
    Features
    ASh body and wenge neck/fretboard - Aguilar OBP-3 - Gotoh hardware - graphite reinforcement.

I wanted a modern, but at the same time simple design.

Today, after waiting like 8 months he told me that the bass was ready and sent me some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that I see them, its exactly what I wanted!

It'll be arriving on saturday or monday so I will make a brief review

What do you think about it??

2. jon118

jon118

Apr 19, 2008
    Cool looking bass. Now you have something really unique and not at a bad price either. I really like the look of that thing, it's just perfect. Modern enough, but not weird looking.

3. thanks!!

I bet it'll look much better ''in real life''

4. Very nice! I love that blueburst. Bet it'll sound awesome with that pickup combo.

5. Thanks! I forgot ... They pickups are: a SD Quarter pund Jazz and a SD SMB4- Alnico

6. bassalo

bassalo

Jan 23, 2008
    CT
    That is one sweet looking bass. I looooove the blue burst/black pick guard combo!:cool:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021