1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Cab Day (Henry 8x8 Content inside)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Hey I just traded some old drums I had for this new bass cab.
    35dcd95c.

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I always wanted one of those. On a scale from 1-10 how punchy is it? Also,..how is moving it around?

3. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    The Quantum 600 is a bit punchy itself. With my precisions with flats and the punch filter on the amp it's like a 10. Turned up high it's almost a kick in the chest.

With my jazz though I'd say it's like a 7, or down to a 5 without my amp's punch filter. So the punch is definatly controllable.

The nice thing is even with the high punch it doesn't get boomy.

It's a bit akward to move around. It's a tilt back, but it doesn't have a nice bar to hang on to like the ampeg tiltbacks. I'm a fairly tall guy 6'1", and I don't have super long arms, so it's a little akward to push around as the cab's only a tad over 3' tall.
    b3d03bae-1.

On the upside weighing in at 100 lbs, it's pretty easy to pickup or manuver anywhere.

4. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

One of my top 5 favorite Cabs.
    Nice score.

5. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Not as much "trouble" as an SVT cab, punch is very close, clarity and TRUE(i.e. non-colored) is very good(ask Amy in Clatter or me), and yes...is awkward a bit to move.

The ONLY drawback I found was on short stages, the clarity shoots past you due to the cabinet being short. Other than that, it is a GREAT "Honey I shrunk the SVT cabinet!" plan. VERY good cabinet.