1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass choice (model t or telecaster bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Larbacca, May 5, 2015.

1. Larbacca

Larbacca

Mar 2, 2014
    Hi
    I just wanted some input on an upcoming purchase. I currently play a Fender P but wanted something different to supplement myself. I want a maple board for variety. I'm leaning towards last year's model t (black with maple), a standard jazz bass, or for something totally random the telecaster bass special. I think I found one of the last new ones. Anyway, I haven't played the telecaster bass special, but I have played the squier cabronita and the necks appear similar. I have played many jazz basses. I have never played a schecter. I wanted to know if anyone had any input on the schecter or the telecaster. I mean neck feel, complaints, overall impression?

Thanks!

2. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    I really liked the Schecters when they came with quarter pounders. That being said I have never played one that was even close to light weight. That's the only reason I don't own one.

3. Larbacca

Larbacca

Mar 2, 2014
    How's the neck? I think the one I'm looking at has q pounders. I'm just curious if it's lacquered or natural. I want something not typical.

4. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    SO..... I kinda found a Model T in a configuration I have NEVER seen, and can't find on the InterWeb, on ebay last night. It was Posted as and sold as a Stilleto. I realized the error and bought it as fast as I could. I am looking forward to trying it out, BUT, if I don't like it, it will be posted here FAST and CHEAP in the classifieds....

5. Larbacca

Larbacca

Mar 2, 2014
    Cool, what's different?

6. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    It's Black with a White Pearloid looking pick guard. I KNOW it has the Duncan SPB-2 Basslines in it, but it just doesn't look like ANYTHING I can find about the Model T. They weren't the best pics in the world either, but I had to pick it up and see what is going on... :bassist:

7. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    I saw that one too. Great Buy It Now price. I had to talk myself out of buying it. The SD Quarter Pound P/J pickups are a great combo.

The last Model T I bought weighed a bit over 10 pounds and had a defective neck. Be sure to check the relief and verify that the truss rod works properly.

If the neck is in good shape you scored a great deal.

$_57.

It's om the 2001 Schecter catalog: http://www.schecterguitars.com/vault/catalogs/item/download/78_68c05986afb69b7841261073329d5d58

Schecter%2520Model%2520T%25202001.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    .BumeStik. likes this.
  8. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    You were on ebay last night too! :bassist:

9. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    And Thank You for the info!

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Dude, score a Custom Shop Model - T , there awesome! :bassist:

.BumeStik. likes this.
  11. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    If it is a Model T Session and you don't want it pm me I am looking for one and I have cash.
    Duke

12. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I do know it is Not a session. I am pretty sure that if like it, I may be looking for a 5 string session myself. :thumbsup:

13. I would go for the Model T myself. I love the Fender Telecaster basses and how they look, but I just can't deal with anything less than a 34" scale. My 3 bugaboos, short scale basses, flatwound strings, and bear traps.
    Robert DeLeo makes his Model Ts sound amazing. Of course when you're paid like he is, it's fairly easy to sound good. Model T has my vote, but it's your cash, sound, and ears that are going to tell you what to do ultimately. Good luck Larbacca, you have a seemingly tough choice to make.:thumbsup:

14. Larbacca

Larbacca

Mar 2, 2014
    The, it's where I'm leaning. I just get tempted by the different nature of the tele

15. Larbacca

Larbacca

Mar 2, 2014
    Supposed to read thx

16. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    PM me any way I may take it ok?
    Duke

.BumeStik. likes this.
  17. .BumeStik.