Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass coming my way

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassjus, Jun 25, 2004.

1. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Just picked up my new fernandez bass. Complete mahogoney body topped with quilted maple and painted. the neck is flamed maple with 24 frets. The best of all it is 3 strings. sorry for all you guys that love to play 12 different octaves in one postition. this bass truely shows the fact that more does not mean better. I can't wait till she comes, I'll make some recordings asap.

http://www.webcorral.com/fernandez.jpg

2. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    lol , ive never seen anything like that, I would not like it.. all i could do is like octaves...

3. I don't get it. What good is a 3 string bass? :confused:

4. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    are thouse all E strings?

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I like it, and I want one.

... is that a 3 string 2-Tek bridge?

And, if you don't like it, PM/E-mail me and we'll talk. Seriously.

6. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    There's been this guy from like Austrailia selling what calls a Custom 2 string Alien Bass. Probably still on there. He was originally asking like 13 grand for it and has been going down in 3G increments every week after figuring out he wasn't going to sell it at that. I think he wants 3 grand for it now. Good thing no sucker got hooked on that one.

7. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    less strings = easier to make thus should be less money...

8. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    i got a little ahead of myself, the place where i was gettingit was offering it for a real cheap price so i shot them and email saying id take it right now about a week ago.got another email today saying it was already sold :( oh well, time to start looking again.

9. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    explain why you like it, im interested

10. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    i think it would be real interesting to play, and im sick all of the people saying more strings are better, so i could show them up with a 3 string haha

11. fragcon

fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    u never played one though right?

12. Levi

Levi

Apr 4, 2004
    I agree can you think when anything new came out like 5 string bass 6 string? even 11 string bass! it just seems werid now wait a while people will get more