New Bass Day!!! and it's PINK!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hdracer, Mar 17, 2010.

1. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    After searching for a good short scale I decided to get a Gibson SG. I played a lot of Cherry Red ones and wanted something different. I saw a Supreme that I liked and then found my ultimate Punk Rocker. Its called Coral Pink but it is almost more of a Salmon. From what I learned about is, that Gibson only made a short run of these in 2006 and only sold them in Europe.
    I would like to say that I am very impressed with the quality of this bass. The fret work is perfect! I did a complete set up on it and set the relief at the 7th fret to .006" and the action @ the 17th to .090 bass & .075 treble with NO fret buzz anywhere along the neck. I used my handy dandy Stew-Mac fret rocker and checked all the fret's and could not find one out of place. It plays and sounds great. I ordered a set of Chromes and a set of Roto RS88S Trubass to try on it to see what I like best. The D'Addario round's that are on it are like new (as is the whole bass) but I am not a round wound guy.

4440906695_02662009a9_b.jpg

4441685000_c8031a139b_b.jpg

4440906829_7cf29fa0be_b.jpg

4441685032_0d48a02b78_b.jpg

And I had to get a new strap to go with it.

[ 4440906899_d8dd26cdac_b.jpg

2. nuotio

nuotio

Dec 19, 2009
    Helsinki, Finland
    Nice color!!!

3. I'm noot a fan of gibsons (guitar of bass) but i must admit that im jealous. And remember tough guys rock out on a pink axe.

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Hawt.

5. That is quite a nice bass my friend.

6. Klopp18

Klopp18

Dec 25, 2009
    New Hope, MN
    i cant wait till you bring it home dad!!

7. I'm trying to refinish my MIJ EB3 copy. I was thinking something fiesta red. Super nice.

8. Does the words "macho & manly" go with a pink bass?? I could give 2 bowel movements. It doesn't when in comes to a pink bass! When it comes to Flea's shell pink J-Bass especially.

9. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Damn dude! Very punk, me like!

It rivels the power of funk itself... yes the whole type of music together.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price?

10. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I don't think of it as macho or anything, I like the "In your face" thing, Black leather & a pink bass, LOL
    I feel I got a good deal on it. Considering that it really hasn't been played and is in WAY better shape the the one I played at GC that they wanted to knock $100.00 off on because it was beat up. It came to $1020.00 with shipping.

11. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
  12. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    I am not a fan of SG basses, but that is one SWEET bass!! Enjoy!

13. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Very cool! I have a pink and black checkerboard strap I keep on my dirnt pbass. Some people think it's girly, I think it's totally badass. It's not about being macho, it's having a a cool design or color or whatever. Some people think my purple converse are gay, as do they my board shorts with pink on them are gay too. My answer (about the shorts) "ok so you are going to start makin fun of people with cancer?" It shuts em real fast.

But that is mostly people who don't know squat bout anything.

To sum that up... it's not really about being macho, it's about cool colors that are uncommon cause all the pricks think it's gay.

14. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx

I laughed my ass off!

I hope he realises that you do that on stage when there is a lot of mojo going around... not when you're playing (with yourself, hehe) in front of a cam.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021