1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Day: Fender AVRI 62 P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lm183902, Jun 4, 2012.

1. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Very excited about this bass. Feels and looks wonderful. Only have a phone camera, so quality sucks, but here it is:

IMG_0714.jpg

2. WOW! I had to wipe the droll off my chin! She's hot!! Congrats.

3. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Congrats. Pretty much the finest new bass out there AFAIC.

4. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Very nice. That's my favorite P bass. I have a 2008 version of the same bass.

Enjoy your new instrument.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    They are such an awesome bass. Congrats!

I've got mine strung with Labella flats, it just feels so right on that bass.

6. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, I'm gonna be throwing some flats on very soon.

One question about this bass though: I normally anchor my thumb on the pickup, but this one is screwed in to the point of there being no surface exposed to rest my thumb. If I bring it up, will I be adding too much volume to the E string?

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    That sounds like it's too low to me. I usually set my pickup height according to Fender, everything else is to personal taste.

8. I have the identical bass from '03. Great choice. If the pickup height is adjusted with about 3mm or so clearance between the pole pieces and the string fretted at the 20th there should be ample thumb room. That's about where mine is set. I just lowered it until the string stopped hitting when I dig in a bit.

9. landau roof

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    If it sounds even across the strings, bring the entire thing up, not just the bass side.

10. Congrats on your new bass....I love my 62 RI P too.

11. Beautiful. Just got one in olympic white myself. With TI flats it is a damn monster. I love it. Congrats. Here's mine. Crappy cell pic as well.

image-3374812676.jpg

12. +1 on the congrats!! :hyper:

I absolutely LOVE mine!!! ;)

13. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I was expecting delivery of an olympic white one today but I got home to find I missed the UPS truck by 15 minutes. So . . . tomorrow . . .

Then it'll be Labella flats but I haven't decided which gauge yet.

14. Dwight

Dwight

Apr 9, 2012
    really nice! I got a 62 J in 3tsb last friday.
    Fender does a really good job on these!!!

15. landau roof

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Just FYI or by chance the same thing happens tomorrow, if you call before the driver is off the route, you can usually have them make a second attempt the same day.

16. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I tried that and also asked about picking it up at the distribution center but Bass Central put a restriction on the delivery and it has to be at my location. :(

I wanted a 3tsb but they were all out and I didn't want to order one.