1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Day for Me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Apr 23, 2010.

1. This just arrived courtesy of the brown truck...

mockfront.

mockback.

Sorry camera is busted....all i have is my cell phone...

haven't checked the serial # yet

but i got it delivered in a hardshell case with a strap and an extra set of strings for Cheap!

2. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    I'm not a big fan of pointy basses, but that is sexy! Nice score!

3. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    I like the pick ups. Congrats and enjoy!

Fred

4. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Cool Pick ups placement. How she sound and balance?

5. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    My buddy has the "Beast" version. Same woods, electronics, pups..I gotta say, it lives up to its name. Dual P = AMAZING. I'm a J bass fan, but dual P may even edge out the J for me. I can't believe I just said that, lol

6. Polaris138

Polaris138

Jul 13, 2009
    very nice, congrats bro

7. that is sweet..
    I love it...

8. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Lucky dog. Congrats. Reason I couldnt get on as well with mockingbirds when Ive had them in past was the balance and fit to body just didnt work for me. Their other shapes work better for me there. But does like their looks. BC Rich does make the best P basses. Wether double for neck and bridge or single imo. Their stock P pups are also my fave P's of all Ive heard and played. Both the covered top like yours and exposed pole peice versions of their single P basses. The latter do have a little more treble to their voice but still retain the solid lows and crunch of the other to me.

I like how their P puyps sound passive as well, which is unusual for me. So with addition of the 2-band active preamp they really get it. Even with just little add or subtract of bass or treble as preferred. Have you started experimenting with slightly lowering or raising either bridge or neck pup for tonal tweak both solo and when variously blending both pups together?

I think I like that see thru black finish on yours better then the red mine had.

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice man. The Mockingbird and the Eagle are the only two BC Rich designs that I dig, and it looks like you got a beauty of a Mock. I like the double P's...very cool.

10. thanks for all the responses....considering all the hate for pointy basses...lol

I gave it a quick once over last night.....has a bit of neck dive to it....but the double P's sound amazing...

it is in really good shape...but needs a neck adjustment...and a new set of strings

more of a review once i get it set up and lined out

eventually the black will get stripped off and it will be re-finished natural.....

11. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    How does this compare to your Trabens =)?

12. it's a lot heavier...lol

13. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Which sounds better, IYO

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That's a cool bass! Congrats!

15. My Traben's (Array Obsessions) are much more versatile (as they are both capable of active and passive)