1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass Day! Ibanez sr706 (and a really belated nbd)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bronzehydra, Aug 27, 2012.

1. bronzehydra

bronzehydra

Oct 14, 2008
    Mukilteo, WA
    So its been a long time since i've been on talk bass! like.... many months! But i figured this would be a good time to update!

So first, a while back i bought a Ibanez BTB 5 string on CL for $100. Its a nice bass! It was all grody when i first got it, but i took it all apart and cleaned it up good and it plays to my liking! :D
    [​IMG]
    There are my 3 older basses

And heres my new one! Its an Ibanez SR706 (as you probably guessed by ye old title of the thread). DAYUM, i love this thing. The guy who sold it to me had really light strings on it (~ .120-. 25 or something) so I restrung it with some heavier strings when i got it (.135 - .030) and it plays really well. I think it looks awesome too haha. I ended up buying this for $350 from the guy. I would try to write more about it but i'm still really busy playing it because it plays... well... really well haha
    [​IMG]
    I'll have to find a way to record a video of me playing and take some better pictures!

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Congrats on your new bass! Does it have the Bart pickups and preamp? I tried out an sr700 not long ago and it was very good.