1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Day, sorta. Tune content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan B, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    Sorta because I don't have it with me (will get it Wednesday), but I did pay for it. Anyway, purchased a Tune TWX41 Cassiopeia. It's a Korean one, but I am psyched anyway because:
    A) Tunes aren't that common, Japanese or Korean
    B) It was a smoking good deal
    C) I played a Tune (A TWB43; can't remember if it was Japanese or Korean) and I was floored by it
    D) I've been looking for something that I can rotate with my Schecter.

Anyway, it's Pearl Silver, 2 pups, 24 frets, 4 strings.
    Pic is from Tune Korea's website.
    29lo7c7.

I'm so excited. Can't wait to have it in my hands (and I promise to take pictures of it).

2. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Actcully, the coolest looking modern bass.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cool lookin'. Hope it plays well & sounds good. Congrats.

4. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Very nice.

5. Very Nice, How much do those units cost ?

6. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    The one that I bought was $358 (minus tax), as it was used.

New they go for $1028 (from Tune Korea's site).

I'm happy.

7. Sounds like you made a heck of a deal, I look forward to pics., and a full review.
    Cheers

8. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    Will do!

Judging by the picture I saved from Daddy's (where I got it; picture is not on the current computer I am using) it seems to be in VERY good condition. Dunno about the condition of the strings; I might string it with GHS Bass Boomers (what's on my Schecter), D'addarios (affordable and good quality), or Rotosounds (might give them a try unless they wreck my fretboard), if the strings aren't in great shape.

That said, I am excited.

9. Cool, I personally use Rotosound Steve Harris series flatwounds.They are easy on the fretboard, and frets. They start off a bit bright, but mellow in nicely with play. I use the Harris strings, cause I personally like the heavier gauge.

10. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    Will keep those in mind, although I am more of a roundwound guy. That said, if the strings are fine, I'll leave them (unless they are flats; flats on this kind of bass feels awkward to me).

11. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Nice congrats. Been many years since I got to play around with a Tune Bass. Was nice.

12. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    Argh, this is so annoying.

The bass was supposed to come in today but somehow it got held up and it's coming in next week.

So aggravating.