1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Day- Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ Oh Boy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Klaxxi, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Klaxxi

Klaxxi Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Beaumont, TX
  2. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    gepettus likes this.
  3. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    I can see the OP will be having a GAS for a German made Warwick!

4. Klaxxi

Klaxxi Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Beaumont, TX
    Welll I would love an FNA Jazzman or really any bodystyle bass with the jazzman pickup arrangement. But in all honesty I'm not sure I can justify to myself spending that kind of money on a bass if I'm not using it to bring in money itself. As just a bedroom hobby a multiple thousand dollar bass is more than ill ever need. It would be nice though.

5. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    I used to feel the same way young Padawan.. Now I have 3 dolphins, 3 thumbs, a SS2, two SS1S, a Corvette NT, a fretless Corvette.... All because I bought a Rockbass 20 years ago. May the force be with you!

6. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    A used MIG Warwick can be had for less than $1k. I bought an excellent bolt-on Thumb for $800 a few years ago.

7. Nice bass, I think either a MEC pre or a Noll Electronic pre amp would do this bass justice.

8. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    It was shipped with Christmas wrapping paper and the seller didn't tell you that in their ad. Therefore all Warwicks suck and all 4 string basses suck.

Just kidding! Beautiful bass!! Enjoy it!

9. Klaxxi

Klaxxi Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Beaumont, TX
    So I did some messing with the bass and I have found the culprit behind the buzz. The adjust-a-nut was dropped absolutely as low as it would go and it was back buzzing when I played down in that area of the neck. Raising that to an acceptable level made it go away. I looked for any high frets and didn't find any. A small truss rod tweak was really all it took other than the nut to get it playing really nice. Still trying to figure out where to put my thumb when playing, and the fretboard radius is way flatter than I'm used to but other than that I'm very pleased.