New Bass Day! Well, new to me.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NetRngr, Jul 23, 2018.

1. NetRngr

NetRngr

Oct 20, 2017
    Darlington, SC
    EBay score! 1998-99 Made in Mexico Squier P Bass. Has a tad bit of belt rash as most players do and the very tip of the scratch guard by the jack is chipped off but over all in pretty good shape. Paid 115.00 for it and when it came in I discovered that it had a DiMarzio Split P installed so it was definitely someones player. Cant wait to get her home and fire her up.
    Baby picture below:
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

2. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Nice score! Play the heck out of that baby.

3. NetRngr

NetRngr

Oct 20, 2017
    Darlington, SC
    Got asked to play bass for a local band last week. I have 9 basses but the one thing I didn't have was a P Bass. Now I do. Ill give it a good set up this afternoon and use it for practice tonight. Funny thing is I have a ESP, a Yamaha, a EB-0 and a EB-3, Ibanez, and a couple others I built along with a Fender Jazz and without question when its time to just practice I grab the Fender 9 outta 10 times.
    Hope this one plays as nice as the Jazz.

Elusive1 likes this.
  4. NetRngr

NetRngr

Oct 20, 2017
    Darlington, SC
    Update:
    OMG this thing is a beast! It plays beautifully. I did have to lower the string height a bit so it fit my taste but over all it was already set up and ready to go. Loaded up my backing track for Message in a Bottle, tweaked my chorus pedal settings and blam! I was surprised how close it sounded. Well until I found out Sting was playing a fretless P ;)
    Best money I've spent in a while and after researching the pickups I paid next to nothing for the Bass. Will need a new set of strings before I play it seriously as the ones on it have some spotting on them. Apparently its been sitting around for a bit.

Elusive1 likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021