1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Day X 3!!!! Fender, Warwick, EBMM content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SubSectorSucker, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Well, it's a bit of a stretch, being as I actually got two of the basses on the same day last week, and I had been working on the Fender for a while....

First Up is a 1995 Warwick Fortress one with an all wenge neck. Having never owned a 'wick before, I was eager to try one out. I see more in my future! This one looks like it was in a time capsule. Virtually mint save for one tiny ding....

DSC_0409.

DSC_0408-1.

Last, is a 2003 EBMM Stingray 4 in Burnt Apple. I have ALWAYS wanted one of these, and found one at Bass Central for an awesome price (thanks Beaver!). Also looks like it was in a time capsule!

DSC_0410.

DSC_0412.

Thanks for letting me gloat! I am GAS free at the moment, but knowing me, I'm sure one (or all three) will be making an appearance on the classifieds at some point! ;)

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice NBD!

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Bump for that Warwick sweetness!

4. yeggi

yeggi

Feb 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    i must ask this because ive never gotten a reply, whats with the finger rest under the strings?

5. Is that neck on the franken P the one I sold you months ago?

Looks great , I really dig that ray.

6. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    Leo Fender thought most bass players would play with their thumbs.

So the rest was an anchor for your fingers while your thumb plucked.

7. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Nice basses, I always wanted to try a fortress.

8. Hey Lukas. Yup, that's the neck. This entire bass was assembled out of parts purchased from TB. Shockingly, it came together exceptionally well. Everything went together great!

9. Oh, ye of many basses. Happy NBD X 3!

10. Awesome yeah it looks great!

11. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice triple. That Burnt Apple has always been one of my favorite finishes. Congrats!!!

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats! Cool stuff all around!

/mega jealous

13. This is my favorite thread in a while.
    Incredible trio you've got there, I hope to own at least *one* of those in the coming years.
    Congrats!

14. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    That P is obnoxiously awesome. Well done.

15. Put that P up on the classifieds now! I got P gas!
    :D
    Just kidding- congrats and enjoy! Those look like 3 awesome basses that could complement each other VERY well!
    Enjoy :bassist:

16. Thanks for all the kind word, everyone. Like I said, rest assure all will be on the classifieds at some point. I cant resist ;)

17. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I like the cream pup on the P. Makes you look twice.

18. So that's what you did with the pickup covers? I approve.

I wasn't even selling them at the time, just posted a pic of the bass and got an offer. Works for me! Not too difficult to do, I just took a sharp 1/4" drill bit and turned it by hand into the cover a few times. Its soft plastic, so it only took a few mintues.

:bassist: