1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass day yesterday

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shadowtippy, May 13, 2010.

1. I know, no pics=no bass, but everyone knows what an Epiphone Thunderbird IV sunburst looks like. I'd been gassing for a T-bird and found this one on ebay. It arrived yesterday in time for me to do a quick set up on it and take it to our weekly house party. I thought people were joking about the neck dive, I mean, how bad can it be? Well, the front strap button will be repositioned soon. It sounds good and I played it about half the night, swapping it out for my Fender jazz to give my left arm a break. A better setup, different strings, and repositioned strap button and it should be a keeper.

2. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    Even with the strap button at the "correct" location, I still move mine even closer to the treble horn. I also move the other one closer to the rear fin as well. This makes the bass rest in as close to a vertical position as you can get with a T-bird.

tbirdstrapbuttons002.

tbirdstrapbuttons001.

3. Thanks, I'll try that.