1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stflbn, Feb 26, 2008.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Just arrived.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a "real" MM. It's an OLP MM32. We'll see how it compares (For my uses at least) to the Stingray 5 HH I played a couple weeks ago that motivated this purchase.

Thusfar I'm impressed by the packaging, fit and finish, and quality. Have yet to plug it in at home for sound tests. That will happen tonight.

Stock strings feel pretty light and floppy. On phone with OLP to try to find out what the hell they are and their weight, etc.

I think it definitely needs a white pearloid, or black pearloid pickguard. .. possibly some black knobs if I go with the dark pickguard.

2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    It sure is pretty for a knock-off.

3. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    congratulations on your new bass thats really nice, I've never played one of the two pickup models, I had a single pickup olp 5 string, and an ernie ball stingray 4 string at the same time. the electronics were better in the actual stingray but not by a whole lot. They were close enough that I'd never buy another stingray, I'd go with OLP for sure

4. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    has anyone compared one of the two-pickup models head to head with the real thing? Cause they are supposedly a lot closer than the single pickups: 3-band EQ and 5-way switch.