New Bass Day

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SteveC, Feb 18, 2010.

1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

So I got my 55-02 Deluxe Cherry Burst Maple bass today. Initial impression is very good. I'll be gigging it the next three nights - "smooth" jazz gig and a couple nights of "cover band" stuff.
    Pics when I get time, but you know how they look - sweet quilt top, and the back is a beautiful shade of "cherry" red - it should really be the front.

2. sounds nice man. congrats :smug:

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    not worth it in words.
    need pics!
    do it, do it now!

4. Yes I need pics!!! I have the same one order that I'm waiting for cherryburst/maple... Please tell me you didnt buy this from bass central??...lol

5. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Pics or no bass, Sir. Sounds like a beautiful instrument....would be nice to see it!

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Maple or rosewood?

7. SteveC

I did buy it from Bass Central. Cherryburst/Maple. Beautiful. Bought it Monday, got it today.

8. I think this may have been brought up already, but.....

PICS!!

9. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    This thread is full of lies! no pics = no truth!

Just kidding, I bet it's a nice one :)

10. PLEASE dont take this the wrong way....lol but I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW!!! :) I called them Monday about that bass then I called back Tuesday to buy it and it was gone... Looks like you beat me to it. Oh well Congrats on it I cant wait to get mine. That finish is amazing.

11. I don't SEE any NEW bass. In fact I can't even hear it!!! congrats on your new PHANTOM bass ;-)

12. When you finally get pics of your bass then lets talk about this so called bass you've got. Until then no pics - no bass.:rollno:

13. this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

14. SteveC

I'm busy gigging this wee. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

They did tell me that a couple people were looking at it when I bought it. Sorry. But hey, I flip basses so fast you can probably get this one in a couple weeks.

15. Yea I prolly would to. I went ahead and ordered one I'm waiting on it now...

16. SteveC

With my Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0-12T stacked on a Shuttle 12T Extension cab at the gig tonight.

rig.gif

17. Nice! how did it work out tone wise?

18. SteveC

Well, it was hard to tell in that venue - a "hallway" in a hockey arena. I can tell that all 7 variations of pickup configuration yield a noticeable and sometimes significant change in tone. I didn't even touch the preamp. Left it flat all weekend.

I have a more intimate restaurant/jazz setting this weekend so I'll have a better idea then I think.

The neck feels really nice - even at 35" which is often uncomfortable for me. It's nice and light which is a plus. The finish is sweet.

19. Thats cool I cant wait to get mine. I just hope the lows are as powerful and tight as some say.

20. SteveC

This may be for sale. Not sure if can do 35" scale.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021