Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass Day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tufnuts, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Hi all! I've been going to a local store for a while, always looking at this SRX500 Ibanez, always amazed at how it fit and played. So after a half a year and it not being sold, they marked the price down to $379. Take home price was $402 w/ a bag thrown in (I have plenty of generic hard cases).

Here's pics!

[​IMG]

2. One last

[​IMG]

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

oooo...two MM type pups?!? [​IMG]

4. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Score!! Nice flame on that.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Nice. I'm curious how those sound - any chance we could get some sound clips? :)

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice one, looks like my SR400 on esteroids!!!!!!!!!:D
    explain the knobs please.

Peace, Ignacio.

7. No kidding about the top. Fit and finish is incredible for a $400 bass. Crap, I paid $400 for just the body on my Warmoth. Easily just as nice (If not better!) finish. I'm a big fan of humbucker P/U's. This thing has a very nice edge to it, P/U's actually have a tinge of EMG DC feel to them...but warmer. Not as Wonky Tonky Wang to em (But I like that kinda thing).

Now the question is, do I make this my rock bass. My warmoth has been pulling 85% of my playing time...and I feel bad putting scratches and such on it when it's such a nice bass. Sounds great recorded also. I just don't want to take a $1000 bass out on stage and possibly get bumped around. This thing isn't a beater, but I won't feel to bad if it gets a nick or two.

But it just looks so good to my eyes. The sound was a complete shock. I'll have to figure out how to record some stuff.

Fits good.

8. you know, if you play with both pickups on full, it sounds the same no matter where you play! way better than other pickups if you wanna rock out.

;)

seriously though, i bet it's nice. never tried one myself.

9. No prob.

[​IMG]

10. I know, I hated that ad. Stupidity at it's finest. Oh well, as long as I wind up w/ a good bass because no one will touch the thing because of a bad ad campain...I'm not gonna complain.

Also, came strung with elixer nano's. So it's still bright after sitting on the store's shelf for so long.

I consider myself to have some truely decent basses. Not super expensive, but great choices when it comes to an overall package. Name doesn't mean much to me (Yobias, Carvin, Peavey) but substance does. So I was willing to look past the ibanez stigma.

This thing (and me at times) is full of it.

11. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Great catch! I wondered if anyone else thought that was the most ridiculous quote ever.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its nice, but it aint no G&L.;)

Congrats on the bass.

Peace
    Nick

13. Here's a little extra chuckle. The battery cover does indeed say "9V Battery Inside". Wiring is what you'd expect to see in a korean bass.

[​IMG]

And no, it's no G&L. All the one's I've played didn't have ergos that fit me. Bit heavy, bit bulky. Saw a couple with some unpassable finish errors. But the electronics / hardware were definetly top shelf stuff. But I haven't played them all. I might have my mind changed some day when I play one that fits good.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Some people will do anything for a new avatar;)

Nice looking bass ya got there, Tufnuts.

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Of course Im just messing with you. The main reason I brought it up was becuase its got a pretty strong resemblance to my G&L.

Ive been wanting to try one of those for a while, but the closest I got was listening to a terrible bassist whack one to death at a local show with the most extreeme smily face EQ ever.

Glad you found a bass that suits you.

Peace
    Nick