1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass: Design Phase

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArtisFallen, May 26, 2005.

1. Option 1:

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Option 2:

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Option 3:

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Option 4:

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. EUB (not shown)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. ArtisFallen

ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    I had this over in the Luthier's corner where i tend to hang out, but there's not alot of us over there, so i decided to move it out here as well. to... well... pander to a larger audience i suppose :rolleyes: perhaps you all can help

I'm planning on building myself a new bass, and i've got a few ideas for the design. My EUB sketch is not shown, but i'll put it up as an option anyway
    I decided to put it up for a vote, because frankly, i like them all, or i wouldn't have drawn them.

I've also been asked this a few times: No the drawrings are not to scale, and yes they are slightly akward because i drew them all free-hand. i appologize for their lopsidedness, i hope you get the gist.

think in both terms of genearl body style and patters. i can probably switch them around as well.

[​IMG]

I also would like suggestions as to what exactly i should build. meaning string number and if i should have frets. i'm leaning twoards a fretless five, but i'm open for suggestions :D

2. 4...i'm not so keen on any of them, though. definitely not 1 or 3.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I'd go with number 1, but I don't like the little dink on one side of the body, plus I'd reverse the headstock. Than leave the block inlays (laminats?) and change the pickguard :D . Not to sure about the mouth in the headstock either..

number 4 could work as well, all be ith with another headstock.