Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass: Design Phase

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArtisFallen, May 26, 2005.

1. Option 1:

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Option 2:

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Option 3:

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Option 4:

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. EUB (not shown)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. ArtisFallen

ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    I had this over in the Luthier's corner where i tend to hang out, but there's not alot of us over there, so i decided to move it out here as well. to... well... pander to a larger audience i suppose :rolleyes: perhaps you all can help

I'm planning on building myself a new bass, and i've got a few ideas for the design. My EUB sketch is not shown, but i'll put it up as an option anyway
    I decided to put it up for a vote, because frankly, i like them all, or i wouldn't have drawn them.

I've also been asked this a few times: No the drawrings are not to scale, and yes they are slightly akward because i drew them all free-hand. i appologize for their lopsidedness, i hope you get the gist.

think in both terms of genearl body style and patters. i can probably switch them around as well.

[​IMG]

I also would like suggestions as to what exactly i should build. meaning string number and if i should have frets. i'm leaning twoards a fretless five, but i'm open for suggestions :D

2. 4...i'm not so keen on any of them, though. definitely not 1 or 3.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I'd go with number 1, but I don't like the little dink on one side of the body, plus I'd reverse the headstock. Than leave the block inlays (laminats?) and change the pickguard :D . Not to sure about the mouth in the headstock either..

number 4 could work as well, all be ith with another headstock.