Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass For Me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chaoslord, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Well I came across a deal I couldn't pass up today and low and behold I am the new owner of a Lakland Skyline 55-02.

Ash body, 3 color sunburst, rosewood board, US Bartolini's. Life is good.

I figure I got a steal at the $650 w/case I payed for it, considering it is flawless.:bassist:

I am still on the hunt for something high end, but this cured my craving for something with high end tone at a low end price.

I will post pics as soon as my guitar player emails them to me since they are residing on his digital camera at the moment.

Edited because I am a dork and said it was a 55-01 when it is actually a 55-02.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    All of the above sounds good. Really, really good. :D Congrats on the new beast, and have fun with her bud.

3. Thanks Kirby.

So far she is a blast. I would have prefered a maple board, but hey beggers can't be choosers right?:bawl: :D

4. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Damn straight. If you had the option of getting the maple board, it probably would have cost you an extra buck or so for them to get it in, so your pretty lucky bud. Congrats again on what you got ;)

5. Here's a pic of the body:
    [​IMG]

6. And one of the headstock:[​IMG]

7. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I like it even more man! and for $650, LARFFIN'! :D :rolleyes:

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's a steal!!!

congratulation for a supernice bass

9. I'm diggin' it so far, haven't really been able to put it through it's paces on my rig yet, but even through my practice amp it sounds great.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    $650?! :eek:

11. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Awesome, awesome score. Congrats!

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Dude,

You are a thief. You can clear your conscience (and your soon to be criminal record) by selling me that bass for $680. You'd make a tidy litlle profit there, too. ;)

Peace,

James