Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass for me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by apathetixx, May 11, 2003.

1. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
    just got my new bass. Corvette std. fretless. i really like it. the sound of the ebony is really new to me and the bass just feels good in my hands as well. the ONLY thing thats kinda sucky is the amount of hum and buzz the pickups give. its annoying somtimes. is this just how the bass is? can anyone help me with that? i dont know if its the pickups, and i dont konw anything about this bass's electronics. i think its passive tho. thanx joven

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    well, much hum and buzz shouldnt be there, dont know what that is.
    Me too, i will be getting a Corvette, a 6, when it finally arrives - benn waiting for it for about three weeks and it took 8 months to get the money together, so you can tell that i can barely wait and each post about a Warwick makes it even harder. the only good thing is that i hear good things about them. :D
    So, happy bassing! :bassist: :cool:

3. Hey dude...

I played one of these at G.C and they are SLICK!

I like 'em alot...

have fun.

congrats!

4. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
    anyone know why the bass makes this noise? on my fender, when the pickups are set equal, they cancel the hum, but my corvette still hums when they are balanced. im thinking about buying some EMG's. maybe the active pickups will be better. do all the EMG's come with the pots and stuff? i was thinking of just using the stock controls. this works right? thanx joven

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Might be that there is no ground, take it to a repair man.

6. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
    just wanted to say that i got the new emg jazz set in the corvette..and these things sound amazing! so much more clear and responsive. and the best part...no more buzz..even when soloed on a pickup. i love it. the growl is soo nice now. how a warwick should sound.

7. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Sweet. Glad the new pickups worked out. How would you desribe the overall change in tone (especially the lows) with the EMG's?

8. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Nice! Played this at a GC near me extensively, was going to get one until I saw the Jaco (I'm just a sucker for a nice Fender)

9. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
    these emgs are just Powerful. it seems like alot of new tones are being unmasked. they just seem so much brighter. before..my strings seemed kinda dull..but all of a sudden , with the new pickups, they sound like a brand new pair. it was really shocking to hear how my strings and thier reaction with the ebony neck really sounded the whole time. once again..great pickups.