1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Featured New Bass From ACG: Krell Kompakt

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 8, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    At the request of a customer this bass was derived from the Reiver Guitars Kompakt model. For those in the bass world I also build guitars under the Reiver Guitars name. I did not need much persuading to get started on the changes need to make the guitar shape work as a bass. This lead to the first of this new body shape.

The first bass is an Uber Series bass.

Spec.

ART (Acrylic Resin Treated)Maple Burl Dual Dyed top with a Black Limba body.
    5 piece Wenge/Maple neck and Indian Ebony finger board. 32” scale with Aluminium side/face dots and partial fretlines.

Electronics.

ACG DFM (Dual Filter Modular) 4K pre-amp with ACG MC6 Multi-Coil pickups.
    East Low Battery Indicator.

Hardware.

ETS tuning and bridge unit with ACG Custom Headpiece. Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks.

Satin Lacquer finish and supplied with a Fusion Urban Gigbag.

Uber Series basses start from £2800.

unnamed (6).
    unnamed (8). unnamed (7). unnamed (6). unnamed (5). unnamed (4). unnamed (3). krell_kompakt.

2. redwood

redwood Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    WOWZA!

Skelf likes this.
  3. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I normally don't like headless basses and generally prefer more traditional body shapes, but this thing is just gorgeous!

DDXdesign, BelowTheBenthic and Skelf like this.
  4. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Latvia, Riga
    I don't think i like the design, but can't comment the sound.....

5. juggahnaught

juggahnaught

Feb 11, 2018
    Gorgeous.

Skelf likes this.
  6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Exactly what I was thinking. If you had described it to me with no pics I would have said "Yuck!". But it's actually a great looking bass.

Skelf likes this.