1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass, Great Wife

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChuckO, Dec 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ChuckO

ChuckO

Feb 3, 2010
    A few weeks ago I was reminded how great my wife is.

I was lifting weights in our basement, music blasting and wife upstairs on the phone. I had 245lbs on the bar. I was trying to get one or two more reps on the bench when I felt a tearing sensation in my chest. I immediately put the weight down on my chest and yelled for help. I was stuck.

105 lb wife runs downstairs, assesses the situation and helps me unload the bar. She persuaded me to go to urgent care to get, checked out. After a few hours they verified I had partially torn a muscle.

The next day, my wife gives me an early Christmas present to make sure I stay off the weights.

ukb23nmlh5.

2. She's a keeper alright. Would it have been mildly amusing if she'd bought you a twelve pound double neck twelve string?

wmmj and Audible Vibes like this.
  3. Audible Vibes

Audible Vibes

Dec 4, 2016
    Minot, ND
    Awesome! What kind of bass is that?

4. RattleSnack

RattleSnack Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    It turned out ok, but you were lucky that your wife didn't use earphones.
    You already know this, but I'll say it anyway: never lift without helper...
    Nice bass, BTW.

5. Cool wife, cool bass! Who's the maker and is it a lefty or a reverse image? if you find the strings a bit too sticky you may want to consider putting on aquila thunderreds or kala paehoehoe's at some point. in the mean time put a little talcum powder on them for the stickiness. Enjoy they are fun and seriouis instrument!

6. ChuckO

ChuckO

Feb 3, 2010
    Left handed Hadean Uke from Rondo. I suspect the strings are pretty old, the turnover on lefty Uke basses is probably pretty low.

7. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    That's a good reason not to use collars to keep the weights on the end of the bar--if you get into trouble you can just let one end of the bar drop and slide the weights off, then the other side. It's noisy when the weights drop but so what? Happy holidays and congrats on that new bass! Bob

Geri O likes this.