Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass! guitar center sale

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jul 6, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    [​IMG]

yep, i picked up on one of these devil tribal basses today at a local guitar center...got a great deal on it, too, as they were having a big blowout weekend special. sounds really old school...it has a maple set-neck with a mahogany body...pretty white binding and an el coolio headstock :D it will probably become my main axe with the original band that i'm playing with. it has a great vibe and it's really fun to play. picked up a hartke xl series 4x10, too...man, what a great combo eden and hartke are! sheesh, it's just what my little metro needed. i think i had a pretty good day today ;)

2. Congratulations! That bass looks amazing, speacially the headstock (widow?) and the insane inlay work!

EBP

BTW, real pics are really apreciated, you know ;)

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    no, it's a schecter bass...looks kinda like a widow headstock, though....and i know i goofed up, but my digital camera isn't compatible with the new computer i got (windows xp)...sorry....

4. whats the regular sale price? and how much did u get it for?

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Nice bass, neptoon! Congrats! Which GC was it?

6. What scale is that? it looks kinda short..
    the inlay looks cool..

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i got it from the kirkland gc...for 405 bucks ;) it has a 34" scale..the inlay is pretty l337, huh? it's not perfect, but the one i got has a particularly cool effect...i think it's pretty neato...i would never have paid the normal price of 650 bucks...i think it lists for like 900, which is totally insane

8. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    Nice bass, Neptoon...looks like you got a great deal!

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    most certainly...so, how are donnie sowell and the boys doing?

10. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    Doing fine...they have been playing some local gigs here in Columbia.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    right on...i still haven't seen any of their live shows, but they would have to be great.

12. Nice deal. If it's your thing, great. If you're packin' a Metro then you must be using a soft gig bag beind the 2 front seats to enable your cab to fit in the back eh?
    My Schecter GAS is for the 004 in Black Cherry.

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i just understood what you meant! i play through an eden metro...but i got an extension cab for it. i drive a mitsubishi eclipse, which, honestly isn't much bigger than a metro hee hee

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I like that bass. I was @ my local GC yesterday & they weren't on sale.

15. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Are those basses BEAD?

16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I don't think so. The one that was BEAD didn't have the inlays or the binding.

17. SWEET bass Neptoon! Love that fretboard!

Do you ever get to the GC in Seattle? They have a really great bass section at that location. I usually go to the one in Tukwila, it's much closer and I know several of the people there.

18. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've never been to the seattle gc. just bass northwest. i like the tukwila gc a little better than the others...kirkland and tacoma. the one that's tuned b-e-a-d is called a scorpion (the model i have is a devil :rolleyes:), and it has 22 frets and a 35" scale...carbon reinforcement, too, which is funny, because a bass tuned bead has less tension on it than one tuned eadg. this body shape already restricts access to the extreme upper register, so...eek i really dig these basses...and the fretboad is el coolio...something weird, though...it really sounded like poop through the ampeg i tried it out on. sounds great unplugged and it really barks through the eden/hartke rig

19. congrats on the bass man. i took advantage of gc's sale and bought a bc rich guitar for less then 100. just trying to broden my musical knowlag

20. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    right on....don't cut yourself on that pointy axe, now....hear?