Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass/ Happy G&L Owner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpwinters, Oct 3, 2002.

1. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    Well...new to me. I just picked this beauty up. Paid $600.00 with original hard case. I have never owned a G&L. Tried many of 'em in stores. There was just something special about this bass, it just felt right and the tone is awesome. It also has a drop D tuner on it. First time I ever used one. Not hard to get used to at all. Check her out.

[​IMG]

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    VEry nice. Congrats. That's a great price on it also.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Nice score, jp.
    Doc

4. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Good deal, congrats :)

5. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    You're gonna love it! And what's not to love about being on the buyer end of a used G&L deal these days? They're worth sooo much more.

6. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I am looking forward to trying one of these someday. No one carries them locally. Great looking bass.:)

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I just got one exactly like yours, JP...except I got mine for only 500.00 (sorry...) ;)

Even at 600.00, though, that's a bargain in terms of bang-fo-de-buck.

8. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    This bass plays so well and has so many different tones, I'm doing something I never thought I'd do, getting rid of my fenders.....well except my 69 Jazz that is.

9. Wow, nice bass and great price. I'm real partial to that color scheme. My on-order L1500 has that color scheme, but it doesn't arrive until Christmas time...

When it comes time to move up from my MIM J fretless, I'm thinking long and hard about an L2000 fretless. I'm told the bridge solo will nail the Jaco tone-thing.

10. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    Yeah it will - I have a fretless one. I also recently aquired an early 80's E series fretted one. The old ones are almost completely different instruments - the active boost is much more bassy, and the feel is much like a vintage Fender. Me like:)