1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new bass help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plastik-bass[?], Jun 9, 2007.

1. ok...i have been playing for i dunno a bit less then a year now and have made great progress and looking forward to upgrade to a new bass. right now i have a 91(i think) ibanez, i have no clue what series it is. but my old bass isn't the point...

anyone know some good basses for playing a funk/rock style of playing for a maximum price of $250. it would be greatly apreciated if i could get some suggestions. please and thank you. :)

******edit******

i can go up to $300 but perfer not too...bit low on money atm

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Unless your current bass is an absolute piece of junk I doubt you'll be 'upgrading' much by getting a new one with a max price of $250, unless you find a great deal on a great used bass.

Maybe your current bass is the point. Why not continue to use it?

3. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    About the best thing in that price range (or very close, at $275-ish) is the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz.

Can you post a pic of your Ibanez so we can ID it?

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    That is exactly what I would recommend......or you can get the vintage modified Precision if you like that sound....or the fretless.....or the Tele-bass.....alot of options in the $275 range with these.....I have played all but the Tele and they sound and feel good for the money.....was heavily contemplating the fretless myself....

5. see..i got it for free from 1 of my friends friends that stopped playing so he just gave it to me..

i have realized that it really doesnt work good for me w/ the style of music that i play the strings are to close to each other and it just doenst have a good sound to it..

i love jazz and P basses

ill get a pic up asap

6. Unless what you have now is a total POS then I would reccomend hanging on to it and saving a little more cash.

If that doesn't float your boat how about a Yahmaha RBX170? It is a P/J setup and for the money, I don't really think that you can do better. $150-$179 new.

Ox.

7. Here is some pics of my current
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021