1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass. Hot Wire Vintage 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oberg, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Oberg

Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    Hello Fellow TB´ers

i recently bought a new bass from hot-wire bass in germany, i payed 1800 euros.

It has a nice light alder body with a birdseye mape neck and fingerboard, custom hotwire pick-ups.

it sounds very good, deep fat tone if i want to and very very crisp hights if i want to, in most cases to crisp.

here´s a cuple of pictures (one picture says more than a few words)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice bass. I just wish the headstock was a bit smaller and they used 4+1 tuning pegs..........but then it wouldn't be Vintage! What's the weight on that one? Hot Wire makes some good looking basses though!

3. Oberg

Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    it weights

8.8 lbs
    4kg

4. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Nice! I agree that a 4+1 tuner alignment would look a little more attractive, but then again maybe that's one of the things that makes Hotwire a little different. I love listening to Kai Eckhardt play his with Garaj Mahal. Congratulations.

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Enjoy!

I'd love to have a Hotwire.

Marshall

6. that is one sexy bass.... i love the 5+0 headstock configuration BTW..buying that here would cost what a Sadowsky would cost to our bass playing buddies in the States.

7. I like Hot Wires stuff!

8. Welcome in the club
    I have one too, but it went from vintage to the flash model. So I have the 3+2 headstock and no string retainer : the neck is made from 3 pieces of maple (2 quartersawn). I have gone to EADGC tuning and the sound is fine and warm as I wanted (even unplugged) .
    ]http://bla01.nerim.net/Arpeges/Arpege-Hotwire.jpg

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Congrats - here is my Hotwire - they are amazing basses:

DSC_0172.jpg

10. blowinblue

blowinblue Kind of not blue. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Nice basses, y'all. Hotwires have the best 'like a Fender but not exactly like a Fender' headstock design ever conceived, IMHO. They're hard to come by on this side of the pond. :bawl:

M. M.

11. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    There is/was one on Ebay (I think I saw it yesterday) but it has Barts and is a four string.

M

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021