1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass!! How'd I do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moonshinegtrs, Apr 1, 2009.

1. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    Picked this up off of craigslist. I just couldn't pass it up (How many basses do you need...just one more!). Actually I was in the process of ordering a Darkstar for a bass that I am building and I also happen to have an original Fender humbucker just laying around and it's been awhile since I had a Tele bass so it was one of those "meant to be" things! It's a 1974 body (refin, no additional routes), Warmoth neck, original tuners & knobs, later precision bridge (string thru) & the Darkstar. It has the original three bolt neck plate, but someone was thoughtful enough to drill a couple of holes in it and turn it into a four bolt (ouch)! Okay, so it's a frankenstein...It is still pretty cool and it came with an SKB case and the seller even threw in an DeArmond humbucker (gotta love case candy!). It needs a set up real bad,but sounds very sweet. I paid $525.00 for it... What do you think? I'm going to put a new guard on it with the Fender humbucker and I also have a brand new Badass III that's also begging to be put on something. I couldn't pass it up, even though I now am going to have to sell my road warrior 98' T-bird bass to make peace with my fiance (actually, I was planning on selling the T-bird anyway...yeah, right!). Anyone looking for a used Bird???

DSCN0199.

DSCN0200.

DSCN0202.

Moonshine (www.moonshineguitars.com) :bassist:

2. poppinsmac

poppinsmac

Aug 10, 2007
    I love it, that is a freaking steal.

Well done.

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Nice bass! I have no use for a righty T-Bird, but if you want to get rid of that DeArmond Humbucker, let me know.

4. moonshinegtrs

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Thanks. As for the DeArmond, I have a short scale semi hollow bass in process that was also going to get a Darkstar, but now I think the DeArmond will be perfect for it.
    Moonshine :bassist:

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Gorgeous, and I'm not usually a fan of the tele style basses - is it heavy?

6. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    How much would you want for the T-Bird?

7. moonshinegtrs

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Bathroom scale says 10lbs., so yeah, kind of, like any Fender from the 70's.

8. I like the headstock & the price. Good on ya. :)