1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New bass, i need an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Dec 28, 2003.

1. hey i just got a SoundGear bass for x-mas and i need an amp. I'm goin 2 be playing with a band (drums, leed, backup, and singer) and all i have is a practice amp (15watt champ >.<) wat should i get? i was thinking maybe a Peavey 70watt maybe, but after reading some other posts i come back to square one.

oh ya, my $$$$ range is $400.00 (give or take a few)

P.S. how is Johnson? crap? or wat? cuz there are a lot of 'em sellin on ebay CHEAP

-thx Josh

2. fender rumble 100, really loud 100 watts 15" speaker only $300

3. thx buy im still confused on y Johnson Amps are so cheap...

4. thats b/c the johnson amps are terrible. or so ive heard...
    id still go with a fender:D

5. thought so, cuz i was on ebay, and Johnson 100watt amp = $88 lol

but, wat about a Peavey 70 watt?

6. *B*ring
    *U*p
    *M*y
    *P*ost

7. a peavey TKO 115 will keep up with a drum kit played lightly to medium in strength. Im no sound pro, but i've played a friends TKO with a sort of loud drummer, and I think it's probably the bare minimum for power. The tone isnt very versatile though.
    You can get some good gear for 400 bucks.

Johnson Sucks.

8. well you have $400 dont get a peavey they have no tone. either get a ampeg ba115 do a search on it u will find alot of people recomending this amp or scrape up some extra cash and get a yorkville xm200 200 watts of power through a single 15 inch driver loud as hell. there u go 2 very nice combos that will serve you well going wiht either.