1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass ibanezGSR100ex

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Absurdism, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Absurdism

Absurdism

Mar 13, 2009
    Well I walked into my local musicsotre to try out some 5 string fenders and walked out with this [​IMG]

What first suprised me was weight I belive its under 7 lbs around 5.5-6 and its solid mahogany The neck is also seriously thin and the pickup is nice and agressive and punchy , although not as fat as Id like. All in all a steal for 250 I liked it way better then the SRs I played and the american standard 5 P just wasnt worth the 1400 they were asking.

All in all a great bass to go with my fretless .

Im thikning of adding a neck pickup possibly a quarter pounder jazz or precision

2. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Can you get a smoother less aggressive sound out of it it?
    I love Ibanez. I've got an SRX300 and an SRX400 and was thinking of getting one of these to have a passive bass. They look really sweet for the price.

OOD likes this.
  3. Absurdism

Absurdism

Mar 13, 2009
    Well right now the strings are pretty zingy but a roll of the tone knob mellows it out quite a bit almost too much but its got a nice hard attack too it and the pickup is super loud.
    Im thinking of throwing an EMG/bart soapbar or a seymour duncan MM