1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MycooLeeyun, Oct 27, 2009.

1. I'm looking into a new bass and have been searching all of my options for a while now. I've been playing on a squier for a little over a year now and it has served me well. For a new bass, I was looking at a few different ones and was wondering if I could get some input from you guys. I was looking into a Fender MIA Jazz, MM Stingray 4H, G&L L-2000 and a Warwick Corvette possibly.

Any advice on any of these basses would be awesome, thank you.

Also, if you could recommend any others to look into, that would be great. I like a wide variety of tones when it comes to my playing but I really prefer a "fat and powerful one" if that makes sense. My biggest influence is flea.

Thanks again

2. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    MIA Jazz especially the 08+ models are fantastic. I love mine!

3. Thanks Stampy, anybody else? Any help would be awesome.

4. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    based on said information i think youd be best suited with a stingray 4h, that being said , personal opinion is to get a Fender Jazz. when youre done sounding like your influence youll thank me :smug:

5. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    You could find a used excellent condition Stingray for under $900. There's no need to buy one new and pay $1400.

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Buy used - whatever bass you decide. You'll save a bundle.

7. Paniconthenet

Paniconthenet

Aug 26, 2009
    Albany, GA
    Ive had two MIA standard Jazz Bass's, and I loved them. I got a great deal a month ago on a Squier deluxe active jazz and have fallen really hard for it. the quality is far beyond what i would expect from squier and it sounds great for what i play. look around, some times you will find something that will set you right without the price. and like Spinal Tapper said, buy used, you can get some great stuff, slightly used at some times half the price!

8. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Any of those would be great! I have no experience with the Warwick but I like the other three quite a bit. My next purchase is going to be a Jazz five string but that's only because I already have a L2000.

The nice thing about the models you listed is that they are fairly common and shouldn't be too hard to find used.