Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass is Home

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Classical Bass, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Classical Bass

Classical Bass Guest

Jul 7, 2005
    South Georgia
    I brought home my big boy today! It is a Kohr K 52Q (Czeck hybrid made by Strunal). It has great sound and a good set-up. It gets louder and louder! I think it is going to take me a week or two to get used to it after my Engelhardt. (My bowing had just gotten passable. Now I feel like I am starting over again!).

I played the Kohr K65 (Chinese bass). It was easy to play and had bright sound on top two strings, lost some sound on the bottom two. But it did not get louder and louder.

Thanks for all the things I learned surfing and searching the double bass forum!

My photo was too "big" to fit as an attachment. Any Hints?

2. Classical Bass

Classical Bass Guest

Jul 7, 2005
    South Georgia
    Take a look!

Attached Files:

3. zandar

zandar

Jul 8, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Looks great, congrats!

4. Great to hear it when someone makes that upgrade to the carved top. I just had the experience myself and, like you, found out how much my bowing technique (going into my 3rd yr.) needed work. Unless it is an unusual plywood bass (i.e. one I haven't seen), I don't think one experiences these things. I think we can progress just so far on those and then to really learn more, we need the solid top. Congratulations!