1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new bass lol?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fontaine, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    44 1/2 inches? I sure as hell hope he means from top of headstock to bottom of bass.

-Mark

2. well, if you read the description closely, that 44 3/4 inches is only an estimate. are they guessing, or are they just using a bad tape measure? :eyebrow:

3. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    but do u think its good?

4. No, I wouldn't think it's any good.

Look at it this way, if it's really bad, you can hang it on a wall and it'd be cheaper that a framed print of something.

5. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    It's interesting how many inexpensive instruments we are seeing these days. Out of China I am sure. Hope someone does grab this bass and posts a review. I never would have thought the $119 SX Jazz I bought would be any good but read the threads, it's killer. So maybe this bass is OK too. Pretty scary. :meh:

6. Agreed, the quality of solid body basses has improved around the world, but we're talking about an a/e here with what looks like the same cheap electronics and construction that people have been complaining about from all of these cheap acoustics.
    I don't see why this one wouldn't be a dissapointment compared to all of the other ones. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

7. it 44"length not scale.

8. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I have a Rogue A/E that looks exactly like it. Maybe they're made by the same people. The Rogue isn't such a great bass, so I suspect this one isn't either.

9. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    You are probably right, this is a hollow body bass and to date I haven't read any good posts about anything hollow body. Quite the contrary.

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
    It's not just good.
    It's GRAND!:bag:
    [​IMG]

11. For the money I think that is a fair price. I bought a Grand electric 5 string with the clear body. It is decent quality. I installed bartolini JJ pickups into it and it is a sweet bass. Go for it.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021