Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass, need help fast

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bryan bailey, May 26, 2003.

1. So I get my new sixer(details pics later). The first 2 frets buzz like bizniatch. It has 2 truss rods, I need to know which way to turn both of them to put some releif on the neck, so it evens out the problem. and if it matters if the things are on the headstock....they are, thanks.

2. I do say this is urgent, I need the bass fixed by tomorrow, and I am going to buy wrenches soon, so any help will be very appreciated

3. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    Turn 'em clockwise to add relief. Helps to push forward (GENTLY!) on the back of the headstock to flex the neck forward a bit while turning the truss rods -- this is easiest with an assistant, but accomplished contortionists can manage it solo.

Turn 'em no more than a quarter turn the first day, then let the neck settle for a day before turning them any more.

4. :confused:

you've already got an answear, what else do you need to know?

:confused:

Tom