1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass need opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groundzerobass7, Nov 27, 2000.

1. groundzerobass7

groundzerobass7

Nov 1, 2000
    Alright here it is ive been playing for a few years and play Punk and Rock mostly and am learning the other different techniques of bass so i want a farely diverse bass but i play in a punk rock band so most have a good sound for that most importantly I have made about 1000 dollars through various jobs and since I already have a decent rig I want to buy a better bass since right now i have a MIA p bass. I was looking at a used stingray but suggestions would really help.

2. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    i think in that price range, you can get a really great used bass. check out spectors or fender jazz if you want versatility. im looking in a lower price range and settled getting a used warwick corvette. you could easily afford the corvette, but also check out the Warwick Thumb bolt-on it was $999 at http://www.basscentral.com last time i checked. they have a lot of growl and IMHO Warwicks are the best sounding slap basses around (check out 311..P-nut uses a warwick and the slap sounds amazing)