Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass (not on power with all you guys new buys)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by God_of_bass, Jul 18, 2002.

1. In case anyone cares, i got a Fender Jazz Bass (mexian made) in guitar centre on sunset boulevard on holiday and brought it all the way home to little old belfast, set it up myself and it plays like a dream, i can throw my old soundgear out now and forget that episode, thanks for reading..

2. :) congrads!!

.. i plan on getting one myself (i know i've been saying that for a long time)..

pics?

3. uhh... the word your looking for is par, not power. :D

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Your MIM isn't on the fancy end of the scale, but so what? It'll serve you well. Congrats!

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Congrats-i played my mexi jazz 4 until i started upright. now the pilot [5] & the upright get most of the attention. Thats all

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, MIM Fenders are very nice basses for the $$$.

7. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I had one for a little while and liked it a lot. It's "on par" with the MIA IMO!

8. Jerry, Jr.

Jerry, Jr.

Jun 7, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Congratulations and enjoy! I have a MIM fretless Jazz bass that I am very happy with.

9. I've only "played" fretless MIM:s, and liked them. Even consider buying one some of those days. So, congratulaitions, and enjoy! Nothing like a new bass, is there?
    BTW, where in Belfast is the new bass, and it's owner, to be found? I once stayed there (Berlin Street) for a couple of weeks, so I did. ;) Hence the curiousity. As well, the "location" in your profile makes me draw a few conclusions. Probably out of the blue though, but it would still be nice to see if I'm right.

10. I have had my MIM Jazz Bass for 2 years and i still love it. It still plays great!

11. how, how did you get it back etc?
    what i mean is, i went to florida last august and brought some small gear bits, but i wondered if i brought a bass, what would i have to pay for, i dunno exporting it or whatever, does it count as hand luggage?

*Si*

12. the bass i got was carried on as hand luggage. The Tech in guitar Centre told me to have the bass in an unpressurised hold would warp the neck. So i juts got a good gig bag and carried on to both my flights, wasnt checked at either airport, LAX and Newark. the air stweards juts put it in the first class storage lockers, its common practice.

I love this bass, it beats the hell out of my soundgear. I also saved 25% by purchasing it in LA!

13. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Congrats on the new bass!! Hopefully you had a good time during your stay hear in the States.

I usually take my basses as carry on and ask the attendants to hang them in the coat closet. I've only met resistance once. The fierce look on my face made it clear that I wasn't going to back down, so another friendlier flight attendant took care of it for me.

Anyway, enjoy that jazz bass. You'll probably never NEED another bass. You'll WANT about 20 more, but you may never NEED another.

Peace,

James

14. I found this on the net, this is the same as my baby..[​IMG]

15. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Hey I had one of those. Same colour and everything.

16. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I almost bought one of those in white today!

Nice bass! Plays like a dream.

17. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    is that the blue agave color? i think it looks really sweet. On the flight issues-i checked my pilot 5 in my SKB Standard Hardshell, my dad called the company & they told him that it would stand up, now for the bass it went from late winter/spring in Indiana to hot Florida/Bahamas. All i did was loosen the strings by a step or 2 [until they where kinda flabby] & when i got it in the Ft. Lauderdale Airport it was in the same shape as when i shipped it, same about when it got exposed to all the humidity on the ship except i didn't take it out side at all. Thats all