Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass/old amp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by padresfan311, Jun 17, 2005.

1. padresfan311

padresfan311

Oct 8, 2004
    Mobile, AL
    ok so the only bass/amp i have is the one that came in one of those packages. when i get a newer, better 5 string bass, will the better sound be wasted because it is a crappy amp. (the amp is a fender frontman 15b)

2. Tyler_W

Tyler_W

Jun 15, 2005
    Woodbridge, VA
    Well.. Yes and no. But you may want to upgrade your amp later though, so you could have more control of your sound with that B string. I would recommend the Bheringer BX1200 or the Fender "Rumble" 50 or 100 for a good upgrade amp.

cheers-

-Tyler Walrabenstein

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The real question is, what is your intent?

If you're going to play with friends or with a drummer/guitar player, than a new amp is the thing you want.

If you're planning on staying at home thumpin' away, than you can get a better bass. I think that in the end you'll want to upgrade both.

If you're looking for the best to upgrade your overall sound right off...get the amp.

4. padresfan311

padresfan311

Oct 8, 2004
    Mobile, AL
    i'm usually just playing at my house and not on a stage

5. Id say get a new bass first, then work on the amp, if you arent planning on playing on a stage at any time you could always get a decent quality 30-50 watt (spose even up to 100-150 if you wanted) practice amp