New bass - on the way

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5string, Dec 30, 2005.

1. 5string

May 5, 2003
    Hanover PA
    I just ordered the parts from Warmoth for the Bass I have been lusting after for quite some time now. I play a Cirrus6 and a '77 Rick 4001 Fireglo so this next one will round out the tonality I am looking for.

It is a Deluxe P 5 string alder body in Alpine White with gold hardware and routed for Jazz passive single coil Basslines. Maple neck with Pau Ferro fretboard. Can't friggin wait! I'll post pics if anyone wants to see it.
  2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm sure it will look and sound great, keep us updated!
  3. Yeah, I'd be interested in updates and pics!
  4. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Very cool. You going to use a pickguard on that?

I almost pulled the trigger on a P 5, but just trying to figure out routing and bridge options. What string spacing are you shooting for?
  5. 5string

May 5, 2003
    Hanover PA
    Sean, my nickname is Mongo. I am 6'6" and I have baseball mits for hands so I went with the 1 7/8" nut and I am using a Kahler 5 bridge that is adjustable from 2 7/32 - 3 5/16. I'm gonna set 'er up by feel when I get 'er.

Oh and I'm not into pickguards so the controls are rear-entry and nothing showing up front but the luxurious alpine white finish.

I may regret this when I get my files out but I opted for the brass nut to brighten things up. I didn't go the gold fret wire route cause I wanted the slickness of medium jumbo frets and they didn't have 6130s in gold.