Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass on the way.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by h.henry, May 30, 2003.

1. h.henry

h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    I just ordered a Warwick Corvette Standard 4 string from Musiciansfriend.com, even though I usually dont like to order guitars online. Due to an unfortunate accident my former bass was put out of commission and as I am soon to be play in 3 or 4 bands as well as the active band I play in at the moment I needed a bass as soon as possible and could not find anything in my area.

So there it is , hopefully it will be here tuesday of next week. I am sure I will be satisfied since Warwick is known for making such solid instruments.

Let me know what you think guys ;)

2. Bazzist

Bazzist

Dec 7, 2002
    Nova Scotia
    nice i love the corvettes n hte jazzmans be sure ot post a pic even if fro mmusicians friend site

3. h.henry

h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
  4. h.henry

h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    sorry just have to give this a quick /bump

i wanna hear your opinions :D

5. h.henry

h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    Thoughts, opinions ?

Good or bad descision?

Sorry I am just looking for feedback as I anxiously await its arrival .. (monday):meh:

6. h.henry

h.henry

May 30, 2003
    Augusta, GA
    Thanks for the response.. I did have a couple questions about the pickups though.

Also about the price , I was willing to pay a little bit more and the best price i could find on a used bass was 700 bucks. AND I needed this bass as soon as humanly possible.

But my question on the pickups is , is it possible for me to replace the passive pickups with active pickups (even though I know it would probably require replacing the control knobs as well)?