1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New bass opinions, from description.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimmyjames77, Apr 3, 2009.

1. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    Hey brothers. Looking for some opinions on a bass for the sound I describe.
    For the past 7 years I've been playing my trusty Lakland 4-94 Deluxe with barts. I really like the way it feels and almost am really happy with the tone but it has never been able to give me the low end girth that I really like. My 08' P that I recently got has got really awesome fat low end but I like to have a bridge p'up too and really don't want to route her out. The p's neck is not the MOST comfortable neck ever but I like it still. The other downer is that it only has 20 frets. I need more than that. If it did I'd probably route her.
    I also have have a 91' Warwick Fortress 1 EMG P/J that is super tight sounding but is a little uncomfortable with the neck. Plus it doesn't have the low end girth like the P either.
    I f I could put the P's girth with the Laklands comfort and neck with the Warwicks tight sound I'd be where I wanna be.
    So to sumise the qualitys I need:

1.Articualte mids and highs. I like midrange...;)
    2.Really girthy Low end that is still tight.
    3. Bridge and neck p'ups
    4.Comfortable neck, around 1.6" maybe.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Jim.

Oh and it's not my rig either. Just to cut that question off before it comes up.

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    hmmmm maybe some style of j bass

or a pj bass that way it has a j neck and 2 pick ups

build someting from warmoth

3. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    That's the thing though. I'd rather be able to go play the bass and see if she has the stuff. YOu know instead of going through that process.
    I've never played a J that had that big of booty either. Plus it too has 20 frets.