Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass. Opinions??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 88tuner, Jan 31, 2004.

1. I'm working on a new bass for a guy in Japan. It's really similar to my last bass with the exception of the top horn. Any comments would be appreciated. Contrary to the picture, it's going to be a 6 string fretless. Bubinga and Maple.

More pictures of construction are here: http://www.pianodesk.com/bass5.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's The last bass I made.

[​IMG]

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The picture of your last bass - is it supposed to be finished (as in done) in that picture?

3. That's a picture of the last bass I did. It's not finished. That bass is put together and waxed so I can check for anything I missed. I normally put my basses together and play them for a few weeks to make sure there are no problems. This one has a few areas that need to be cleaned up . There are a few file marks and one place where I didn't get all the glue. I'll take it apart next week and stip the wax and finish any areas that I discover, the it get's it's final coat and it's done. I post a picture when I get it completely done.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    OK, cool. It looked a little rough. :cool:

The asymmetrical neck laminations have a bit of an odd looking effect. :)

5. Here's a better view.

[​IMG]

6. Adds more strength to the neck. Also, it doesn't change the way the bass plays and it gives it a unique look. Here's the back side. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

[​IMG]

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Sharp! I dig the single cut!