New Bass. Opinions??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 88tuner, Jan 31, 2004.

1. I'm working on a new bass for a guy in Japan. It's really similar to my last bass with the exception of the top horn. Any comments would be appreciated. Contrary to the picture, it's going to be a 6 string fretless. Bubinga and Maple.

More pictures of construction are here: http://www.pianodesk.com/bass5.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's The last bass I made.

[​IMG]

2. shaunathan32

shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    very nice :cool:

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The picture of your last bass - is it supposed to be finished (as in done) in that picture?

4. That's a picture of the last bass I did. It's not finished. That bass is put together and waxed so I can check for anything I missed. I normally put my basses together and play them for a few weeks to make sure there are no problems. This one has a few areas that need to be cleaned up . There are a few file marks and one place where I didn't get all the glue. I'll take it apart next week and stip the wax and finish any areas that I discover, the it get's it's final coat and it's done. I post a picture when I get it completely done.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    OK, cool. It looked a little rough. :cool:

The asymmetrical neck laminations have a bit of an odd looking effect. :)

6. Here's a better view.

[​IMG]

7. Adds more strength to the neck. Also, it doesn't change the way the bass plays and it gives it a unique look. Here's the back side. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

[​IMG]

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Sharp! I dig the single cut!