Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass or PS2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Artist, Jan 29, 2002.

1. New bass (BTB405, SR705, Tanglewood Rebel )

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Playstation 2

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. HELP!!!
    I can't decide on wich to get.

If I get a PS2 I can play all those cool new games like GTA3, I can watch DVDs insted of my VCR chewing up my cassetes, but on the other hand I could get a new 5-string bass to temp. cure my G.A.S. But on the other hand if I don't get the bass I can still play on my old one. But I can't play the new games on the old PS2. And on the other hand, (thinks to self: "Where did that other hand come from?") if I do get the bass I can play all those low end notes that make bassin' eaven more fun.

AAAAHHHHH! my head iz gonna Xplode!

*POP! ....SPLAT!*

*Head grows back*
    "Man I hate it when that happens!"

PLEASE HELP

THX
    SCODI

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well I know there is no way that you could a decent 5-string bass, for the price of a PS2 in the UK!

But on the other hand, the PS2 teaches you nothing and is basically a timewaster - whereas music is something that can lead to a life of fulfillment - spend the money on lessons and actually get something worthwhile!

3. Oh yea, and the bass would of corse not be in the same price range as te ps2. (see poll) And to get the bass I would need to "save up" for about anoter 3-5 months.:(

I don't need to pay 4 lessons, my father has been playing bass fo 26 years now so hes' all the teacher I need.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Geeze - I've never cast a vote that made that kind of difference before!!!
    I voted bass!!! And so far am the only person to vote!!! Your poll is telling you to get the 5 stringer - you won't regret it!!!!

5. Bruce Lindfield

He will, if he gets one of those basses! :rolleyes:

6. Xsqeeze me, but I happen to like those basses. (Xept for the tangelwood, I'm not realy sure about that one, just thought it looked kool, never played one though)

7. Bruce Lindfield

Well if you only choose basses by the way they look, then there's no hope for you anyway!! :D

8. I havn't chosen anything yet, the basses were ones i was gonna check out. I'm not that shallow that I juge a bass by its apperance!:D :rolleyes:

9. video games are a waste of time!!!

get a bass!!!...

this thread is making me mad!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

10. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I'm saying get a new bass.

Main reason: I don't care for the PS2 (POS 2?).

11. Hey Bruce, thanks for insulting my BTB405. I'm sorry I can't afford a Tobias... :rolleyes:

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    It's ok, I'm sure he hates you, too.

13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Get a bass. Remember the words of Dean Wormer, Faber College. "Son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life." Come to think of it, I am two of those three and play bass instead of PS2. So do what you want.

14. Bass18

Bass18 Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    Australia
    This is probably the most biased place to post this thread, as you can be sure that most everyone will say "get the bass!" as this is what they are interested in and they see no value in gaming.
    Being an avid bassist and gamer I say this is a pretty useless thread. In the end its going to be what you want anyway, playing a bass may be more creative and such but sometimes you need time out. You need to balance your interests, and go with what you think is best. Dont just buy a new bass because you feel you need to be loyal to the bassplaying community, and dont buy the PS2 if you will regret the purchase. Its your decision.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:D