Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass Or Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkspec, Oct 8, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Hey guys, heres my problem. Im in the process of saving up for a new amp setup. That should be done in a couple of months. I then want to get a better sounding bass. I love my SX to death....everything but the weight. Enough to want to buy another jazz bass from them and throw the new pups and a J-Retro in it. But, I want a 5 string so bad, so what should I do? Should I get a 4 and upgrade it? Or should I get a decent 5 string...(Remembers that he wants a BTB405QM)

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would go for a new bass :) If you dislike anything about the SX, why would you want another one ? :p

3. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Dude, I LOVE MY SX!!!! Thats my brand, for real....If I ever make it big im going to have to play a SX live or something. The only dislike i have is the weight. Gets to you after about 4 hours of jammin. Keep in mind I have the 75 Jazz, the one made of solid swamp ash....I guess Im a alder type guy.

4. I LOVE MY ESSEX TOO! I'll one day be playing it live ;) Good ole Essex BG205 :D Getting some EMG 40Js and an Aguilar OBP-1 for it soon ;) I don't think I'll ever get another 5er...I'm going to get a Conklin GT7 down the road, but that is going to take time to get used to so the SX will still be my main axe for a while ;) Mine is incredibly light (for me atleast). It is 8 pounds and after playing my Ibanez GSR200 for half a year, the SX almost flew outta my hand when I pulled it out of the box (thankfully I had a strong grip on it!)