New Bass Or Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkspec, Oct 8, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Hey guys, heres my problem. Im in the process of saving up for a new amp setup. That should be done in a couple of months. I then want to get a better sounding bass. I love my SX to death....everything but the weight. Enough to want to buy another jazz bass from them and throw the new pups and a J-Retro in it. But, I want a 5 string so bad, so what should I do? Should I get a 4 and upgrade it? Or should I get a decent 5 string...(Remembers that he wants a BTB405QM)

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would go for a new bass :) If you dislike anything about the SX, why would you want another one ? :p

3. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Dude, I LOVE MY SX!!!! Thats my brand, for real....If I ever make it big im going to have to play a SX live or something. The only dislike i have is the weight. Gets to you after about 4 hours of jammin. Keep in mind I have the 75 Jazz, the one made of solid swamp ash....I guess Im a alder type guy.

4. I LOVE MY ESSEX TOO! I'll one day be playing it live ;) Good ole Essex BG205 :D Getting some EMG 40Js and an Aguilar OBP-1 for it soon ;) I don't think I'll ever get another 5er...I'm going to get a Conklin GT7 down the road, but that is going to take time to get used to so the SX will still be my main axe for a while ;) Mine is incredibly light (for me atleast). It is 8 pounds and after playing my Ibanez GSR200 for half a year, the SX almost flew outta my hand when I pulled it out of the box (thankfully I had a strong grip on it!)